The Donkey & Mule Society of New Zealand maintains registers for Mules and Miniature, Standard and Mammoth donkeys.
Click on a link above. The files below apply to both.
See the Standards of Conformation and Type for Donkeys
which outlines the standards and traits for the recognised breeds.
Download General rules applying to the registration of donkeys and mules (Updated April, 2015):
Download a lease agreement
Donkey Society Registers (all sections)
on Compact Disk
Please make cheques payable to:
Donkey & Mule Society of New Zealand Inc.
* For Compact Disks Contact:
1096 Lakeside Road, RD 2, Milton 9292
Ph: 03 4174766 or Mobile: 021 388 371
The Donkey & Mule Society (Inc.)
General and Breed Registers consist of 25 files.
- Jacks/Geldings (name order) All registered jacks and geldings except miniatures
- Jacks/Geldings (numerical) As above numerical order
- General Register Jennies (name order) All registered jennies except miniatures
- General Register Jennies (numerical) As above numerical order
- Accredited Jacks Photo and 3 generation pedigree
- Accredited Jennies As above
- Mules All registered mules
- Known Brands Graphic of brands currently known
- Stud names registered with the Society
Purebred Registers Photo (if supplied) and 3 generation pedigrees
- Australian Teamster Jacks/Geldings
- Australian Teamster Jennies
- American Mammoth Jacks/Geldings
- American Mammoth Jennies
- American Mammoth Jackstock Jacks/Geldings
- American Mammoth Jackstock Jennies
- English/Irish Jacks/Geldings
- English/Irish Jennies
- Ponui Jacks/Geldings ... No photo or 3 generation pedigree
- Ponui Jennies ... No photo or 3 generation pedigree
Miniatures (photo and 3 generation pedigree)- A, B & C
- American Mediterranean Section A jacks and geldings
- American Mediterranean Section A jennies
- American Mediterranean Section B jacks and geldings
- American Mediterranean Section B jennies
- American Mediterranean Section C jacks and geldings
- American Mediterranean Section C jennies
The files are current to the date shown on the cover of the CD and are burnt on order.